Well, I had great tips from some of my readers about how to sort my scraps. In the end, I decided to go with the 'sort by colour' theme - it just made the most sense, because just like Crispy, my previous arrangement by size didn't really make life easier.
Before I resorted the scraps, though, I figured the easiest way of dealing with them was by using them ;)
So I made a few quick 9 patch blocks with the batiks I had left over from the wedding bento box quilt and turned them into a baby-quilt:
The layout was mostly inspired by the scraps I had available, and I chose a muted background colour probably because I kept thinking of a stroller-quilt tutorial (see side bar) that I saw on Saturday and figured that for the outside, whitish backgrounds would not be very useful :)
The quilt top turned out to be approx. 34"x40".
2 hours ago