Wednesday 4 November 2009

Weekend Achievements - Batik 9 Patch

Well, I had great tips from some of my readers about how to sort my scraps. In the end, I decided to go with the 'sort by colour' theme - it just made the most sense, because just like Crispy, my previous arrangement by size didn't really make life easier.

Before I resorted the scraps, though, I figured the easiest way of dealing with them was by using them ;)


So I made a few quick 9 patch blocks with the batiks I had left over from the wedding bento box quilt and turned them into a baby-quilt:


The layout was mostly inspired by the scraps I had available, and I chose a muted background colour probably because I kept thinking of a stroller-quilt tutorial (see side bar) that I saw on Saturday and figured that for the outside, whitish backgrounds would not be very useful :)

The quilt top turned out to be approx. 34"x40".

2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

don't start making tops too fast! then you will have a stack to quilt :)
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Crispy said...

An excellent way of handling your scraps...using them. I should try that LOL. Very cute little baby quilt!!

Crispy