I've been playing with fabrics, planning some new quilts, coming up with creative ideas and throwing them out again.
In the end, I had more plans than I could handle, so everything was put on the back burner again :) But I tell you one thing: looking at prints, feeling the cotton and mixing and matching colours makes me as happy as ever!
Felt like doing a quick little quilt and decided on simple rail fence pattern. For some reason, I was stuck on the white-blue combination I had picked out for the aborted wedding quilt, so I picked this dark -- medium -- light combination of blues:
As planned, the quilt came together in no time. I cut 2.5" strips, sewed them into triplets of, and cut those into 6.5" long pieces. I then sewed those together in a 5 x 6 block layout as shown here:
I've gotten as far as the first border, a thin strip (1" wide) to contain the pattern:
Then summer, travels and visitors "happened", so this is one of my many WIPs.
As soon as I saw the quilt top center, I was thinking of marine things, so the name came to me in a flash: "Sailor's Delight"!