Saturday 21 November 2009

Partridge Is Done

I finished this wallhanging Wednesday night. Because I didn't want this quilt to get any bigger, I decided against any solid borders and just went straight to binding. I chose the same fabric for binding that I used for the partridge body and the flippy.

By the way, I learnt at this month's quilt guild meeting that the flippy is actually called a welt, but that makes me think of being beaten with a whip while flippy makes me want to smile, so you can guess twice what I'm going to call this border strip :)

I quilted the wall hanging like this:

free-motion veins for the leaves

Stippling on the brown background and stitch-in-the-ditch around the border squares:
The backing (plain muslin) looks kind of fun with the ghost of the pears and the partridge ;)


I might add a bit of quilting around the heart on the partridges wing as it's a big unquilted space right now, but that'll probably be it! This gift is definitely done in time for christmas, yay!

7 comments:

Anne at Film and Thread said...

Your quilting looks fantastic! Someone will be a lucky recipient.

Crispy said...

WOW Christine that is just beautiful!! Your quilting is wonderful!

Crispy

Katie B said...

What a wonderful gift! It turned out great.

arlette said...

The quilting is gorgeous, I love it!

Heather said...

This is fabulous! The quilting is great.

Leslie said...

this is so great! you finish so fast

Unknown said...

Ah Christine...as usual each quilt project you do looks better than the last...