I finished this wallhanging Wednesday night. Because I didn't want this quilt to get any bigger, I decided against any solid borders and just went straight to binding. I chose the same fabric for binding that I used for the partridge body and the flippy.
By the way, I learnt at this month's quilt guild meeting that the flippy is actually called a welt, but that makes me think of being beaten with a whip while flippy makes me want to smile, so you can guess twice what I'm going to call this border strip :)
I quilted the wall hanging like this:
free-motion veins for the leaves
Stippling on the brown background and stitch-in-the-ditch around the border squares:
The backing (plain muslin) looks kind of fun with the ghost of the pears and the partridge ;)
I might add a bit of quilting around the heart on the partridges wing as it's a big unquilted space right now, but that'll probably be it! This gift is definitely done in time for christmas, yay!
21 hours ago