Wednesday 18 November 2009

Big Haul

Last weekend, I went on a combined visit "family/friends-buy fabric" trip. It began with this beautiful sunset (I braced the camera on the car and still it blurred :( but the colours are there!)


and ended with these goodies:
-I'm trying to collect some dark brown prints (not floral, not paisly, more modern) for a quilt I have in mind... the flannelette was a left over piece that's exactly the size of a baby quilt backing, so how could I have passed that up? :)


Different store, different fabric. The ducklings immediately melted my heart :) The red fabric on the bottom is a flannelette with bouncing frogs, fun!


Some batiks and cool prints (I bought the black bubbles before, knowingly ;)


And enough batting for all the quilts that are in progress or in the planning stage (9 in total).


Needless to say, it was an expensive weekend. At least some of the materials are for commissions, so I'll make some of the money back, yay!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

that is quite a haul!!!! can't wait to see what you are churning out with all of this

Crispy said...

Ooooo pretty fabrics, I love the browns!!

Crispy