Monday 16 November 2009

Back To The Beast

Once I finished the partridge in a pear tree wall hanging and the log cabin blocks, I could finally switch to black thread again :) Because it's getting high time to finishing this quilt! Everything is done on it, including the binding, except for some quilting.

I pondered what to do for the theme panels and decided against better judgment to outline the black border stitch-in-the-ditch (SITD). I anticipated a nightmare, but at the recent quilt retreat, I saw a lady do free-motion SITD, so I gave it a try. I'm doing pretty well on down and up seams, the sideways once are a bit... wonky, to say the least :)

But hey, it's for a non-quilting guy... he doesn't even have to be on a galloping horse to not notice these little mistakes and half the time it's a black quilting line on black fabric anyway :) Clever me!


After a little midnight session the other day, I'd say I've finished half the blocks.

I also hand-quilted around select motives in each block, and I think I've done more than 3/4 of those, so I'd say I'll get it done this week!

1 comment:

Crispy said...

Thank goodness for black on black fabric LOL. I really need to follow your example and get some things done :0)

Crispy