Tuesday 2 June 2009

Stacked Up And Gone

The binding is finished, the label is done, and the quilt is on its way to the little fella (born last Thursday). I was sad to send it off, because it was around for just one week (and only a couple of days in finished form) - very little time to bond and part with a quilt!

The quilt measures about 40" x 30" - I was told by my first baby-quilt recipient that that size worked perfectly for her new-born, so I'm sticking with it.

I put some of my favourite fabrics on this quilt, including the daft-looking sheep...

As mentioned before, it's stippled all over, but I promised myself to experiment with straight lines next time.


The back is light blue circus-themed flannelette.

Here's a close-up of the pattern; I used a neutral coloured 100% cotton thread for piecing and quilting.

And of course, invisible binding a la turning*turning:

3 comments:

Crispy said...

Well Done!!! The baby is going to love it.

Crispy

Heather said...

Very cute. What a lucky little fella.

rachel griffith said...

cute, cute quilt.

thanks for your sweet email.
to answer your question...
my blogger header was made by me.
i used a graphic i found online, made it the size i needed and then added my blog name.