Thursday 18 June 2009

Pink Quilt Done, Hooray!!!

Hooray hooray hooray!

I spent 2 hours Tuesday night binding the last side and a half. 7 meters binding in total, phew!
I wanted to get it done before my first quilt guild meeting Wednesday night, for show and tell.


It's big :) though barely big enough for a double bed (i.e. not a lot of overhang).

I love how the quilting looks on the back - some people who've seen the quilt thought it was a log cabin pattern at first glance.


My funky border - I love love love the buzzing-bee-line I quilted along the edge.


I'm very happy with this! Those of you who've followed the whole process of the pink quilt, what do you think about the final result??

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

looks good!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Crispy said...

Oh Christine, it's just beautiful!! The colors are so vibrant, your new guild will love it. Have lots of fun at guild BTW.

Crispy

Unknown said...

My goodness Christine...I return after so many weeks and there it is finally finished. IT"S PINK all right...I love bright colours and pink is it.