Saturday 16 October 2010

Quilt Show 3

This is the setup at the quilt show, narrow rows with frames parallel to each other. It was hard to take photos until I realized I could peak in between the quilts in one row to take photos of quilts in the next row...


These squares were tiny!!! Check it out:


Another "convergence"-themed quilt!

Drunkard's Path - that's next on my list! These ones are of course arranged in circles, not a path, but I think the block is still called the same.


Isn't it amazing how 3-D this quilt looks?

This next quilt was made by a lady who was at quilt retreat with me last year. It's a PEI beach scene done as a bargello. From the bottom, you have grass, lupins (inasive here but much loved by tourists and post-card-photographers), algae washed up on shore, sand, water, a sunset, and the sky. In every colour strip the quilter did a different free-motion quilting motif. Sorry, no close-up, I was on a roll at this point, zooming from gap to gap and trying not to miss any quilts :)


2 comments:

Leslie said...

these are beautiful...i think my favorite is the bargello. i love that each think represents something.

Crispy said...

Great quilts!! I love eye candy first thing in the morning :0)

Crispy