I FINALLY had enough black and white prints together to start the Mod Sampler that was a quilt-along on Oh Franson's blog last year!
After a couple of minor mishaps in the cutting process - no harm done as there was enough spare fabric... - the blocks came together in a few hours!
The rows were completed quickly as well, though I ran into the usual problesm that come with not squaring up the blocks...
I made the quilt a bit bigger than the instructions called for and am using all the blocks on the front as well, instead of leaving 6 for the back of the quilt.
I got to this stage (below), all rows joined for the center of the quilt, when I realized I needed to re-do 3 seams because sashing wasn't lined up.. what a pain :/
Now the top is complete, with sashing lined up so that it actually forms a square and not a parallelogram :)
I'll probably stipple this one as I haven't stippled in a while and it does give the quilt a nice texture. Also, the Apples and Owls quilt finish from the other day has given me such a boost, I want that feeling of finishing a big quilt again - so I'm going for speed here! :)
2 hours ago