So I've hinted before that the quilting of this quilt was giving me some trouble...
Here's the behind-the-scenes story!
What I wanted to do was quilt-in-the-ditch around all the blue-white leafy fabric to get diagonal chains of different-sized squares.
However, I had bad luck with the quilting/free motion/darning foot and the walking foot.
The tension was off, and horrible things happened when I turned corners - especially on the back.
See these lumps of thread-loops in the corners, that happened a lot. You can also see the bad tension, sometimes it was okay, other times the bottom thread did not go into the quilt sandwich.
So I ripped it all back out - about 2 hours of quilting undone.
Then I came to my senses and decided that a double quilt (I think that's the size of this one, it's been so long since I pieced it...) had to be done by free-motion on my little machine, and since the ditch didn't work, I went back to loops and came up with this:
I'm quite happy with that pattern! I'm figuring something out for the large spaces in between, but no rush ;)
2 hours ago