Almost done, yay! I've made some decisions about the borders, still working on that...
Here's a view of most of the quilt, with some of the backing and the one lonely raw edge still to be bound :)
Now some concentric circles in full force (I like them a lot!):
I did the small/narrow circles free-hand, simply 'eyeing' it, but the larger ones turned out wonky, so I used chalk to mark them first.
The city-scape or bargraph (depending if I feel metropolitan or scientific) was simply outlined with a line approx. 1/4" from the seam.
Here's the start of the border quilting. Circles on the inner one, I'm still figuring out what to do in between, I have some ideas.
And in the outer, darker border, I'm quilting a vine but instead of flowers there are diamonds quilted in between, to repeat the round/edgy theme of this quilt.
And, with raw edge and still some visible basting thread, this quilt is in full use already!
2 hours ago