Sunday 7 March 2010

Full Imagination

Almost done, yay! I've made some decisions about the borders, still working on that...

Here's a view of most of the quilt, with some of the backing and the one lonely raw edge still to be bound :)


Now some concentric circles in full force (I like them a lot!):

I did the small/narrow circles free-hand, simply 'eyeing' it, but the larger ones turned out wonky, so I used chalk to mark them first.

The city-scape or bargraph (depending if I feel metropolitan or scientific) was simply outlined with a line approx. 1/4" from the seam.


Here's the start of the border quilting. Circles on the inner one, I'm still figuring out what to do in between, I have some ideas.

And in the outer, darker border, I'm quilting a vine but instead of flowers there are diamonds quilted in between, to repeat the round/edgy theme of this quilt.


And, with raw edge and still some visible basting thread, this quilt is in full use already!

7 comments:

Leslie said...

it looks so great. i love love the circles

Katie B said...

Agree. The circles look awesome!

Crispy said...

Great looking quilt, it made me laugh to see that you are sleeping under it already LOL.

Crispy

Rebekah said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love your design, the circles and the amazing quilting. Beautiful job!

Cheryl Arkison said...

That looks great!

SandyQuilts said...

What a neat quilt ... love the quilting too.

Bella Linguini said...

I love this! I love the colors and the weaving bit and the quilting