Sunday, 7 March 2010

Full Imagination

Almost done, yay! I've made some decisions about the borders, still working on that...

Here's a view of most of the quilt, with some of the backing and the one lonely raw edge still to be bound :)


Now some concentric circles in full force (I like them a lot!):

I did the small/narrow circles free-hand, simply 'eyeing' it, but the larger ones turned out wonky, so I used chalk to mark them first.

The city-scape or bargraph (depending if I feel metropolitan or scientific) was simply outlined with a line approx. 1/4" from the seam.


Here's the start of the border quilting. Circles on the inner one, I'm still figuring out what to do in between, I have some ideas.

And in the outer, darker border, I'm quilting a vine but instead of flowers there are diamonds quilted in between, to repeat the round/edgy theme of this quilt.


And, with raw edge and still some visible basting thread, this quilt is in full use already!

7 comments:

Leslie said...

it looks so great. i love love the circles

Katie B. said...

Agree. The circles look awesome!

Crispy said...

Great looking quilt, it made me laugh to see that you are sleeping under it already LOL.

Crispy

Rebekah said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love your design, the circles and the amazing quilting. Beautiful job!

Cheryl Arkison said...

That looks great!

SandyQuilts said...

What a neat quilt ... love the quilting too.

Bella Linguini said...

I love this! I love the colors and the weaving bit and the quilting