Thursday 4 March 2010

Christmas Gifts

I just realized that I never blogged about my 'quilty' Christmas gifts yet!

I received some beautiful fat quarters in fall/earth-type colours with matching thread:


I also got a new cutting mat - it's huge (22"x36" or so)! My last one was foldable and sadly, one of my students in class forgot that she shouldn't cut on the fold and slice right through it. It's a matter of time before the two halves fall apart. I love this new one, I think it'll last a long long time.

(I forgot to take a photo of the mat, but it'll show up in some pictures on future posts).

I also found this pattern book under the tree: variations of cute Santa Clauses and Christmas trees - maybe I'll be inspired for next Christmas :)


And lastly, a friend of mine had bought fabric to make a quilt for her son, but never got around to it, so I'll do that some time soon and she'll get the finished quilt.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

that is a lot of great gifts! i just got a new mat as well...about that size and i love it. my husband insisted. that batman fabric is going to make one little boy very happy

Crispy said...

Great gifts, especially that mat, that big one really comes in handy!!

Crispy

Unknown said...

The larger the mat the better. Nice to receive any little pieces of fabric.
I started out with a 9 X 12 mat, so big is better definitely.