Saturday 26 June 2010

Something Slightly Different

... using slightly different colours and prints than I normally do.

... using a previously-tried pattern in a different way.

I sewed most squares of a Moda ZippityDooDah charm pack into 9-patches...

... and turned them into disappearing 9-patches (D9P).


Played around with the layout a bit, but didn't quite like the traditional layout (though it looks better on the photo than in real life).


I ended up sewing them into columns and adding some sashing.


The result is simple - and I like it :)

5 comments:

Anne at Film and Thread said...

The white sashing looks great with this, esp. with the thinner white in the middle and then the wider border.

Crispy said...

I like your version MUCH better than the regular boring D9P...Well Done!!

Crispy

Katie B said...

I love your version of the layout! It just adds a modern twist.

Leslie said...

very cute. i love it

Rebekah said...

I love the disappearing nine patch, but I've yet to make a quilt of my own with one.

I like how you put the mini pieces into strips instead. It's such a cute mini quilt.