Well, I got those pictures up earlier than planned, so you'll get the pre-finished product (binding still to be done)!
Here's a preview of the quilted burgundy baby quilt with the floating coins.
I planned to quilt on it Friday night, but when I picked up my free motion foot, the piece that goes above the needle-screw was broken off. How very strange. It didn't happen during sewing and hasn't been touched in the attachment storage box. Oh well, so I had to go to the quilt store the next morning to get a new foot. When I started sewing with it, strange things happened in the tips of the stippling loops - the top thread would skip three stitches and form a straight line across. See next picture for two examples:
I was planning to blog about it and ask for your opinion, but I figured out later that the foot needed oiling because the spring that pushes the foot down to hold the fabric during sewing was stuck. I think that caused the missed top/bottom thread connections in the corner. It didn't happen after oiling the foot, but by then I had ripped out bad loops for the 4th time in a 10 cm section, phew!
The back is a pink flanelette and the binding a matching pink/burgundy peacock feather print.
4 minutes ago