Friday 25 February 2011

Jen's Tree ready to quilt

Phew, top all done, added a leaf (burgundy) to the right side of the tree to balance it a bit more and one more that is tumbling down from the tree on the right - I'll add a "falling" line during quilting.

I used almost every last scrap of fabric on the back to come up with this random assortment of squares and stripes (not ironed in this picture).


I then had to buy more safety pins as I didn't have enough to baste this monstrosity - now it's ready for quilting, and I just need a bit of a stretch of time to get going on it, then I can chip away at it throughout March!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

this looks so great!! i love the falling leaves

Crispy said...

Ooooo great quilt!! There is something about tree quilts like this that I can't resist. I love the scrappy back too :0)

Crispy

Unknown said...

Oh gosh, this is so cute! Your work is just wonderful. I'm not a dark person but this is tempting for sure.