Saturday, 19 April 2014

iPad cover

I used some of my treasured fabric from the magnolia series to make an iPad cover. After my last experience making one for a friend (the iPad cover kept being too small, despite my careful measuring...), I added even more to my measurements. And it still came out tight! Argh! But, it fit, and with time it will probably stretch a bit.

Instead of quilting a pattern, I free-motion outlined the flowers and stems. I didn't use any basting pins, and the batting shifted a bit by the times I reached the other end, but the problem was solvable with a bit of pulling and stretching.

I'm getting to be a pro at doing lined, reversible (i.e. no raw edges visible) pouches, so I'm skipping all the layering and turning steps. Here's the final cover:

I decided a gainst velcro this time (I've noticed on my cellphone cover that the velcro does not hold the pouch shut after a while of frequent use) and want to use buttons instead. That's what the loops are for. I'm still looking for two light coloured buttons to attach.

iLike :-)

No comments: