Right after I posted my to do list, I got down to business and started basting. I finished the backing for the character quilt, here's the wrong side of it, taped down for layering.
As soon as I was done that, I got out the oriental quilt and basted it, here it is all done:
And after all this, my poor fingers, especially my thumb, looked like this:
Thanks to that blister, I first tried pinning with my left, and eventually just did some awkward contortions with my fingers to avoid that same spot and got it done :)
I finished basic quilting on the oriental quilt the following day: about a 1/4" on the inside of all the sashing, and I'm proud to report that after some pulling and tightening while quilting, there are no folds on the front or back, what a feat... a reason why I usually don't like intersecting lines!
2 hours ago