Sunday 22 February 2009

Hunter's Vampire Quilt (Patches

Another nephew, another quilt... This one loves heavy machinery and is going through a vampire phase. So when I saw the "Construction Zone" flanelette along with the glow-in-the-dark eyes flanelette, I thought bingo!

I decided on simple, big patches of the construction zone fabric and bright solid colours for contrast and to make it interesting to a little boy. It's probably been the simplest quilt I've pieced so far. I'll put a border around it and that's it for the top. It'll get free-motion quilting all over, in black thread that stands out on the top and blends in on the back.

Here's the backing material, with those great glow-in-the-dark eyes. I should probably test if they actually do glow in the dark... A strip of black on the top and the bottom (I bought the last of the fabric and it's not long enough), black for the binding and that ones done in time for the little guy's birthday. Very satisfying quilting..

No comments: